The earliest diamonds, found in India at least 3000 years ago, were treasured as religious icons, in addition to their use as engraving tools.

Today 20% of diamonds are gem-grade, usually faceted to enhance their characteristics in one of many cuts, the most popular of which is the Brilliant Cut. The remaining 80% mined are industrial-grade, used in cutting and grinding applications.

The artists in this exhibition have been selected for their unusual utilization of diamonds or diamond shaped forms in their work, challenging the traditional perception of this precious stone.

Myia Bonner utilizes the distinctive Brilliant Cut profile to create graphic two and three-dimensional items silver jewellery, some with a highly polished finish, others oxidized.

Daisy Choi’s jewellery is a unique blend of artistic expression and wearability, expressed as silicone rubber rings, some set with diamonds and porcelain ‘stones’ with graphic ‘diamond’ imprints.

Daphne Krinos incorporates small Brilliant Cut diamonds as accents, contrasting with the oxidized finish in some of her distinctively designed jewellery.

Louise O’Neill’s new collection of 18ct, silver and diamond jewellery, ‘Ranunculus’, features soft feminine lines, forms and movement with a matt finish.

Ahuva Schwartzbardt knits necklaces, cuffs and bangles from silver and coated wire, with accents of rough cut diamonds.

Ahuva Schwartzbard
Louise O'Neill
Daisy Choi
Daphne Krinos
Myia Bonner